LEHS - Log- and Exception-Handling System for ORACLE®
- Bugfix: Log context has not been initialized due to incorrect SELECT INTO
- added new Method resync_on_modification.
- LEHS-1 (Bug): the Log-Application will now be uppercased before it calls the Appender-Log Procedure(s)
- LEHS-2 (Feature): The View LEHS_APPLICATIONS_VIEW will now use the Data-Dictionary View
USER_ROLE_PRIVS instead of
GRANT OPTION is no longer neccessary
- LEHS-3 (Bug): There was a Reference to the old Log-Destination within
create_synonyms.sql and other Documents. These References have been removed
- LEHS-4 (Feature): The Procedure
LOG_EXCEPTION plus Derivats (
LOG_EXCEPTION_ERROR, etc.) have
been added to the Package
- LEHS-5 (Feature): a new Procedure
CHANGE_MAX_LOG_LEVEL has been added to the Package
PKG_LEHS_SYSTEM. So you can now change the
maximum Log-Level of any Log-Appender after its Registration.
- LEHS-6 (Bug): The Procedures
PKG_LEHS_LOG_INTERNAL.move_topic hadn't the Pragma
AUTONOMOUS_TRANSACTION. This Pragma has now been added.
- LEHS-8 (Bug): Own Exceptions raised by the Procedures
PKG_WRAPPED_LEHS.handle_exception_and_log_* have not been raised.
Forgot the Patch-Script for Version 2.3.2
- The Patch-Scripts of Version 2.2 and 2.3 had some Errors (didn't enabled the
SET DEFINE ^). Special Thanks to Mr. Petrik
- Now every User assigned to either the Role
LEHS_ADMIN are allowed to log to every Log-Application
- Table Appender (Package:
PKG_LEHS_TABLE_APPENDER) now logs the Start- and the End-Time of the Transaction with
SYSTIMESTAMP instead of
- Now there exists a patching Mechanism. So you can upgrade your LEHS Version to the next higher Version (i.E. use File
patch_2.3.sql if you want to upgrade LEHS Version 2.2 to 2.3)
lehs_createall.sql haven't compiled the new Package
- Bugfix while creating the Table LEHS_APPLICATIONS (a missing Semikolon has lead to a failed Installation)
- New Function
PKG_LEHS.get_version which returns the installed Version of LEHS
- The Name of the Application can now be shown in the Prefix of a raised Exception (by calling
- This Behaviour can be controlled by a Switch on the Application Level (
- The Methods
PKG_LEHS.get_last_exception_name take care of this new Switch
Bugfix on PKG_LEHS_SYSTEM.get_metadata: Several programmable Log-Levels on the same Log-Level had lead to wrong Metadata.
PKG_WRAPPED_LEHS for the Usage within Wrapper Packages/Procedures.
LEHS_LEVELS to get the Log-Levels of all allowed Applications.
Bugfix: Couldn't create a Log-Level without a Predecessor.
Bugfix: Couldn't create a Log-Topic without a Predecessor.
Added some new Wrapper-Methods at
ADD_TEXT_ARGUMENT ... Wrapper for the
ADD_CLOB_ARGUMENT ... Wrapper for the
ADD_NUMERIC_ARGUMENT ... Wrapper for the
ADD_DATE_ARGUMENT ... Wrapper for the
ADD_TIMESTAMP_ARGUMENT ... Wrapper for the
ADD_DSINTERVAL_ARGUMENT ... Wrapper for the
INTERVAL DAY TO SECOND-Variant of
ADD_YMINTERVAL_ARGUMENT ... Wrapper for the
INTERVAL YEAR TO MONTH-Variant of
ADD_BOOLEAN_ARGUMENT ... Wrapper for the
Bugfix: Wrong Installation Routine (&username has not been replaced
by the Installation User because of
SET DEFINE OFF in Script
plsql/lehs_createall.sql. This has lead to an endless Loop
- Bugfix: Wrong Initialization when no Exception Log-Level has been set
- Security follows now the Priciple of the Least Privilege (as recommended
by Oracle®). That means, a newly created Log-Application is not
visible to any Database User.
Also added the Ability to grant to the Pseudo-User
- Added Assertions (
- Exceptions can now be logged with a definable Log-Level or with a programmable Log-Level
PKG_LEHS.handle_exception_and_log and for
- Replaced the Concept of Log Destinations by the Concept of Log Appender
with the new Open Appender Architecture
(look at LEHS Appender Packages). By this
Concept it is possible to write own Appender Package and add it to an
existing Log-Application as an Appender.
- Redesign of the internal Memory Structure to read only the Log-Applications
with all its required Information which really will be used by any Application
- Added new Datatypes for Transaction Keys
Transaction Keys have the same Datatypes available as the Appender Parameters.
INTERVAL DAY TO SECOND
INTERVAL YEAR TO MONTH
- New View
LEHS_APPLICATIONS_VIEW (available by public
LEHS_AVAILABLE_APPLICATIONS) which shows all
Log-Applications available for the actual DB-User.
All other public Views will now use this View as a Security Base:
LEHS_LOGS_VIEW (by public Synonym
LEHS_TOPICS_VIEW (by public Synonym
LEHS_TRANSACTION_VIEW (by public Synonym
- Bugfix: The Relation of Users and Roles was not correctly splitted within the Views
- Documentation Update: Worked not correctly with Internet Explorer
- Complete Redesign of the Table Names
- Redesign of the Synonym Structure
- new programmable Log-Level
- new Log-Destination
This shows the Log-Message on the dynamic View
PKG_LEHS.log_exception can Log also user defined named Exceptions
PKG_LEHS.is_named_exception now checks, if the Message of
is the same as defined by the given named Exception
- Added the Procedure
PKG_LEHS.assert to raise an Exception due to a failed Assertion
- new *-enabled Functions
(was already at Version 1.1)
(this one is for all other non-programmable Log-Levels)
- Initial Version of LEHS